MARCH 08, 2023: IT Service Management Forum held a great open discussion on Embracing Equity in IT Service Management to celebrate International Women’s Day. The theme for International Women’s Day 2023 was #EmbraceEquity.
What can we do more, to uplift and support one another?
Chicago IL ITSMF Local Chapter President, Charles Levy and Vice-President, Dawn Simmons (Khan), moderated a very incredible discussion. itSMF embraces the importance of diversity in perspectives in business and service management to create better value. itSMF brings service managers together to collaborate and innovate on leveraging our expertise to keep pace with our digital service environment.
- Be Kind!! Post Covid we face a new sense of fear, worry. Unkindness is so destructive. What can we do to uplift, when people are hurting from Covid, Continued Layoffs, critically Ill family members, etc.
- How do we create a balance of inclusive career excellence with a place at the table for all types
- The best thing a great leader challenges us to do a little more than we know we are capable of.
- We need to learn to utilize one another’s thoughts.
- Awareness is the best way to counteract Gender Parity Inequity until there is cultural shift.
- How do we bring our best authentic selves in the workplace.
- The Tech Sector Layoffs have impacted us post Pandemic.
- Be a willing spokesperson for the experiences and values of uplifting diversity of multinational, multi age demographics, gender parity.
- Women represent more than 50% of the economic spending they should represent less than 10% of Fortune 500
- As we value diversity, we create more value. It should not require 286 years, but it does require more mindshare on parity.
- Baby boomers are not leaving the marketplace either, contrary to press reports. Ageism is an unfortunate reality, and we need to share the value proposition some businesses are missing!
- The Pandemic forced a number of people to work from home to keep business going. Many more accustomed and 1/3 of them preferring work from home are able to continue to do so, but many companies are forcing people back.
- How do we lean in to supporting one another instead of competing?
- How Do We Help Our Laid Off Professionals in Industry?
- Broaden your influence by adapting how you listen (Nancy Duarte)
WHY BEST PRACTICES MATTER
We already have our place at the table. Jobs n Career Success Network has helped thousands annually to find their next job or hiring incredible talent. We understand that at the heart of business is caring for one another.
Deloitte Global Executive Leadership comprises 23% women and the Deloitte Global Board of Directors is 33% women, progressing toward the aspirational goal of 30% female representation in Deloitte Global leadership roles by 2023 and 40% by 2025.
Sun Microsystems for several of us on the call had taught us the power of supporting one another in all times. When times are difficult, you really learn a depth of communications and trial by fire. Right after September 11, 2001 it was the worst communications event, we had to layoff our own staff. We created Power Networks to help one another to connect differently. Step back, and think about how we can do business better!
CAREER SEARCH RESOURCES
Connected Caring, is key. Being involved in communities of best practice where we learn and grow from our connections to one another.
What can we do to create the right level of skills, best practices, and opportunities that we cannot be turned away! Some of the networks we valued from the post September 11 event included:
- Jobs N Career Success Network for job leads and career strategy
- A huge Global Recruiting Network for recruiters, HR, and Staffing Best Practices (who contribute to ITSM and Jobs n Career Success)
- An Executive Women’s Network to share leadership and lift one another up
MARCH 20, 2023 we hosted an incredible event from ITSMs most influential leader, Troy DuMoulin, How Big is your Vision for Us (Customer Experience, Employee Experience and Caring about one another) a topic that will appeal to Service Managers, post COVID.
MAY- JUNE 2023 timeframe, we are planning How to Communicate within Organizations lead by Critical Communications Framework author, David Pultorak, and a panel of experts across Industry, Communication Leaders, CIOs, CEOs, and Executive Expert Communicators.
International Womens’ Day Resources
- International Women’s Day
- International Women’s Day Supplier Directory
- Global Executive Women’s Network
- Build an Inclusive Workplace
- Business Insider: Only 25 Executive Women in Fortune 500!
- Create Your Dream Career Course
- Fighting Gender Bias at Work : Lean In Course
- Forbes: Women who Support Women, are More Successful
- How women are driving change around the world – Lean In
- Jobs n Career Network
- National Association of Women Business Owners
- Success Strategies for Women in the Workforce
- Women in Technology
- World Talent Economic Forum: International Women’s Day
Please join the discussions and be part of the Improving Service Management Movement.