Jobs n Career Success News
Career & Job Search challenges during COVID Surge
September 7, 2021: Challenging times for employment worldwide with Coronavirus on its second year surge of new Delta, mu., and C.1.2 COVID variants. Globally 221,314,774 confirmed cases are sick worldwide, 4,573,678 have died from COVID Complications.
While families reel to stay safe, in the USA, there are 8.4 Million Unemployed and facing extreme challenges, including the highest level of COVID Hospitalizations since January and over 40 Millions Americans with active COVID.
- Special enrollment for Affordable Healthcare ended August 15, 2021
- Federal eviction protection moratorium expired August 26, 2021
- Federal unemployment benefits expired on Sept. 6, 2021
GETTING HELP FOR COVID EMPLOYMENT PANDEMIC CRISIS
August Bureau of Labor Statistics suggest an improvement in the employment outlook, but not as much as hoped.
- 13.4% of employed persons teleworked due to the coronavirus pandemic
- 5.6M were unable to work, or suffered reduced hours due to COVID Pandemic Closure/ Significant Loss of Business up from 5.2M in July as COVID variants resurged in the USA.
- 1.5M were unemployed and actively looking for work
For those suffering loss of resources, a Global Community Coronavirus Reference is at: COVID19 A-Z Guide for Worldwide Covid Pandemic Resources.
For Americans struggling with loss of critical resources, due to expired resources, reference 211 for your geographic area within North America for crisis assistance resources.
WHERE THE JOBS ARE
The good news is that there are currently over 10 Million Jobs available according to a recent Washington Post article. Amazon has recently unveiled intent to hire 55,000 people for tech jobs in the coming months.
The Ladders shared the 24 companies hiring for remote work from home jobs right now with opportunities in Healthcare, Banking/Financial, IT, CyberSecurity, and Education.
Lifehack shared the top 10 best cities worldwide to find a job, from an excellent Price Waterhouse Coopers study. Fancy a change of scenery? The top 10 places of promise:
Career Search References
- Top 50 Companies Hiring Flex work
- 81 Best Remote Job Boards to Find Remote Work Online
- 23 Best Stay at Home Jobs for Moms And Dads to Consider
- Age Inclusive Workforces for better Post COVID Environment
- Inc Flexible Work Arrangements
- Top CA companies to work for
- Businesses with work life balance
- Best Companies for Moms
- Forbes: Best Diversity Employers
- How to Help a Friend Find a Job
- Top 12 Tech Companies hiring
- San Francisco Bay ITSMF News
- Why Hire Military Vets & Spouses
Classifieds: Job Opportunities
USA: Seeking ServiceNow Developers and Architects experienced in ITSM, ITOM, HRSD, or ITBM
~ contact Stephanie Fairbanks at JIT.
CA- San Francisco Bay Area: IT Service Management Forum Local Interet Group seeks volunteers!
Silicon Valley IT Service Management Forum is reorganizing its Local Interest Group. We are seeking 3-4 volunteers to relaunch our showcase of the best of Silicon Valley Service Management Industry practices.
- We are not tied to any for-profit Service Management organization
- We are advocates and ambassadors from the broader Service Management industry.
- We want to provide adequate career development opportunities that helps our community
~ contact Dawn C Simmons (Khan)