JIRA is listed as one of the Best DevOps Tools for Infrastructure Automation by LiquidWeb Knowledge Base. Jira is part of a Software family of products designed to help teams of all types manage work. We will introduce Atlassian’s product JIRA who uses it, how they are using it, and why you want to learn more about it.
JIRA is popularity is from the agile world due to its well-managed workflow mapping and issue tracking ability. It features heavier Agile Scrum and lighter Kanban boards along with various enhanced reports that help summarize and improve communications.
Atlassian products are bought, not sold. Customer experience is simple, and delightful and that wins loyalty. “JIRA”‘s name from the Japanese word “Gojira” which means “Godzilla”. JIRA is a $10B business owned by Atlassian who was successful by trusting their own, unconventional path.
- They build highly innovative products.
- Atlassian Marketplace alone achieved $100M in first three years.
- Jira is used to track issues projects, and bugs across multiple categories
- They integrate with other partners easily.
Great products, can and should sell itself, we keep prices low, to reach the largest market possible. The JIRA dashboard consists of many useful functions and features which make handling of issues easy.
Offering Software as a Service or instances for On Prem location. Their unconventional Business Model approach was a winning idea that secured their growth in the DevOps marketplace:
- Developed a loyal market by building a best-in-class project management tool for Research and Development Operations engineering teams
- Strategically acquisitions that enhanced their service portfolios and customer base to teams interfacing with DevOps
- Doubled freemium distribution that showcased use-cases for recent acquisitions to make the top of their funnel even wider across teams
What Is Jira
JIRA is used for:
- Bugs Tracking
- Issues Management
- Change Request Tracking
- Support Services ticket creation and tracking
- Project Management, Task Tracking and Requirement Management
What types of teams use Jira?
10 Million Users are actively using JIRA monthly. JIRA is used by multiple business functions including:
- ServiceDesk, Call Center, and Help Desk business functions
- Project and Program Management business functions
- Development Operations (DevOps) business functions
JIRA Enterprise Power Users?
JIRA serves 180K Customers in over 190 Countries Worldwide. In fact, 83% of the Fortune 500 Companies use JIRA. JIRA offers a very cool Infographic on Lessons Learned from Largest Customers of Jira.
JIRA offers over 156 Enterprise Power User Business Cases
Following is a list of some of the more compelling or interesting users of JIRA. Companies listed in BOLD are companies I have worked with.
- Audi builds luxury Automobiles using Jira.
- Sotheby’s uses JIRA ServiceDesk to sell million dollar artwork!
- National Hockey League (NHL) uses Jira for Issue Tracking, Documentation and Single Sign On.
- Palo Alto Networks Prisma Cloud can log JIRA Tickets for alerting Vulnerabilities Issues in a customer environment.
- Johns Hopkins University use JIRA to manage thousands of issues, tasks, and bugs across multiple projects, including the deployment of a new student information system.
- Adobe XD integration with JIRA
- LinkedIn scaled to 3M JIRA issues and a 500M member user base!
- Kaiser Permanente uses JIRA for analytic data management
- The Daily Telegraph reaches more than 25 Million Jira Users through it’s newspapers, mobile apps, websites, and magazines.
- Genesys AppFoundry receives JIRA event notifications
- The United States Defense Department uses JIRA Service Management.
- Twitter reduced email based support 80% using JIRA
Audi, SkyScanner, Gilt, Cerner, AutoDesk, HubSpot, Pandora, RunKeeper, Twitter, Puppet, VistaPrint, TriNet, Orbitz, NASA Ames Research Center, Johns Hopkins University, Rakuten, The Daily Telegraph, LinkedIn, Splunk, Trulia, Virgin, Yellow Pages Group, Amgen, Best Doctors, United States Department of Defense, DocuSign, Indeed, JAMF, NetApp, Rosetta Stone, Sotheby’s, Spotify, Tinder, CapGemini, Dominoes Pizza, Rockwell Collins, Qantas Airlines, Citrix, Cancer Research UK, CarFax, National Bank of Canada, App Dynamics, ResumeCompanion, John Muir Healthcare, National Hockey League (NHL), Yale School of Management
How to Request a Free Instance
- Here is how to sign up for your free trial for up to 10 users.
- Name your instance
- Create a Project
- Set Up Your Jira NextGen Board
JIRA User Resources
- JIRA Free training catalog
- 6 Steps to getting started with JIRA
- JIRA Getting Started Best Practices
- JIRA Service Management Getting Started Guide
- Learn JIRA SOFTWARE KANBAN
- Learn how to do AGILE SCRUM with JIRA
- Developing APPS for JIRA CLOUD MOBILE
- How to use JIRA MOBILE APPS
- Create and Edit a JIRA Dashboard
COVID-19 A-Z | Executive Womens Network | Education & Study Abroad|Global Employment Taskforce | itSMF Silicon Valley and San Francisco Bay Area | Project Management Institute | Recruiting Network | So Innovate Jobs