I was asked recently to describe my success strategies for Project Transition. One size does not fit all in the world of service transition. Understanding why the transition project exists, what the current state is, and the project end state, will help plan the steps needed to manage the successful delivery of a Service Transition Project.
This quick deck covers a basic approach to Service Transition Strategy and Framework Alignment.
The primary objectives of Service Transition is to:
- Plan and manage the changes from current state to end state service, efficiently and effectively.
- Structured approach to identify and manage the risks related to the service transition.
- People involved in, or impacted by the change, need sufficient knowledge about services use, support, and associated service assets.
All Changes to Service, have Key Transition Touchpoints
Basic Steps of a Service Transition Journey “STARS” leadership success Strategies help you to identify the planning elements, the risks and communication Challenges and Opportunities that must be overcome for your success.
What’s in Your Toolkit? Do what works for your project, for your culture, or your environment. Understanding that most project approaches might speak of different processes, but most follow similar beginning, middle and ending.
Some companies prefer to avoid the look and feel of certain methodologies or frameworks for their own reasons.
We share an Approach Process Methodology Alignment to help illustrate this concept of meeting stakeholders where they are, to guide the delivery solution for where they want to be.
What is ITIL Service Transition Framework?
ITIL4 is a an accepted global service transition standard that is focused on service value creation. ITIL Service Transition Framework is a sound baseline to begin from because it helps:
- Manages risk for new, changed and retired services.
- Protects the product environment.
- Helps the business deliver value for the project investment internally and value to its customers. \
- Keeps stakeholders make informed with reliable knowledge, awareness, decisions and support resources. ¡Reduces service delivery challenges with service delivery by managing service risk and maintaining the service knowledge that integral to successful service transition.
A Download of this presentation is available:
- Automate Pro for ServiceNow Test Automation
- Change Management Optimization Story
- Commitment to Best Practices
- ITIL4 and Lean for Service Value
- ITSM and Configuration Management Trends
- Lean Project Management
- Organizational Change Management
- Process Excellence
- Program and Executive Road Mapping
- ServiceNow Standards, with limited Customizations
25 Most Impactful Leaders on LinkedIn | Artificial Intelligence (AI) and (RPA)| COVID-19 A-Z | Enterprise Global Cyber Fraud Prevention | Global Employment Taskforce | Enterprise Global Cyber Fraud Prevention | Executive Womens Network | Global Recruiting Network | Vouch4Vets |