Value Powered Platform Agnostic Service Standards
DEFINITION OF PLATFORM AGNOSTIC:
Platform agnostic means in essence, the absence of dependencies or formal ties to a tool. Platform Agnostic is a concept that refers to the service design attributes and standard philosophies that underpin an IT Product or Solution, where the platform agnostic standard performs, and in fact defines the general best practices to perform equally well across platforms.
VALUES OF A PLATORM AGNOSTIC SERVICE STANDARD:
- Improved User Contextual Experience when the Best Practice Service Standard drives the people, process, and tool
- Simplicity in practice, improvement, and interpretation regardless of tools
- Common language interpretation of performance capabilities of people, process, and technology
- Better Value Stream Recognition and lower Total Cost of Ownership, when focus is on Value and not tool limitations
- Improved approach to roadmap for sound implementation and improvement plans
UNDERSTANDING THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BEST PRACTICE TYPES
IT Infrastructure Library: (ITIL) is a best practices framework for delivering IT services. ITIL’s systematic approach to IT service management to help businesses manage risk, strengthen customer experience, and manage an agile, cost-effective IT environment that anticipates growth, scale and change. ITIL can be implemented with any software. The Standard for ITIL is owned by Axelos.
Each type of network, tools specific and platform agnostic server different purposes. Beginning with the Platform Agnostic is an excellent approach for best practice ideas without tools, process, or people ramp up issues.
- ITSM Platform Agnostic Best Practice Communities
- ITSM Tools Specific User Group Groups
- ServiceNow ITSM SNUG (ServiceNow User Group)
- BMC ITSM Remedy User Group
- Salesforce Service Cloud
SERVICE MANAGEMENT METHODOLOGIES
A methodology is a platform agnostic contextual framework based on views, beliefs, and values, that guides the choices for Service Management Related Implementation. The Service Management Methodologies here are also platform agnostic and met to guide an approach to implementing Service Management.
- Business Information Services Library (BISL) is a product of Digital Information Design
- Change Acceleration Process (CAP)
- Lean Sigma
- Management of Risk (MoR) is a product of Axelos
- Management of Portfolio (MoP) is a product of Axelos
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Projects in Controlled Environment (PRINCE2) is a product of Axelos
- Service Management Capability Maturity Model (CMMI) a design of Carnegie Mellon,
- Service Management in COBIT 5
- Yet Another Service Management Model (YASM)