Business Process Management (BPM) is a discipline used to discover, model, analyze, measure, visualize, improve, optimize, communicate and automate business processes. Business Process Management exists to improve business process through analysis and modeling how a business process currently works, (is or curent state) and how it would work in a changed state or different scenarios (should state or to be state), executing improvements, monitoring the improved process and continually optimizing it.
Attributes of Business Process Management:
- Holistic enterprise management
- Performance driven Business value based.
- Traceable decisions to stakeholder requirements.
- Lines of business process segmentation and handoff workflow
- Process us iterative, specific, meaninful, time-boxed approach
Business Process & Workflow Diagramming
Some common workflow process templates created in Visio might include:
- Swimlane to determine multiple line of business or system handoffs
- Business Process Management Notation to call out workflow integration with tools, process, teams
- Current State/Future State Business Process Workflow
- Technical process or systems mapping
- Application Workflow
Included below are some basic visio diagrams
Business Process Swimlane
Business Process Management Notation
Workflow and Business Process Diagram Examples:
ITIL Service Introduction High Level Process Workflow
Simple High Level Process Workflow
Current/Future State Workflow
Enterprise Change Management Process Workflow
Enterprise Change Advisory Board/Change Control Board Workflow
Association of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Robotic Process Automation (RPA) |Cyber Fraud Prevention | Executive Womens Network | Global Education & Study Abroad|Global Employment Taskforce |ISACA | itSMF Silicon Valley and San Francisco Bay Area | NIST | Project Management Institute | Recruiting Network | SANS |