WHAT IS KNOWLEDGE CENTERED SUPPORT?
Knowledge-Centered Service is a service delivery method focued on producing knowledge as a key asset of the organization(s) implementing change.
Knowledge-centered service is about maximizing capabilities and value through knowledge-centered support. KCS is about recognizing valuable support assets that deliver real-time customer, system, team enablement, or employee support, as well as creating and maintaining accurate, reliable, and referenceable documentation.
Covid -19 Global Pandemic has increased demand for improved knowledge centered support solutions to improve business outcomes for all enterprise businesses, and in particular:
- Improved Customer Experience, continually improving Customer Support Self Help
- Increased volume of Telecommuting workforce
- Higher demand for Enterprise business services, hiring, onboarding, contractor services
- Service Automation, Machine Learning, and chat bot services
TOP 5 REASONS FOR DEPLOYING KCS NOW?
Top future trends for how CIOS can keep ahead in 2021 are fortified by a good Knowledge Centered Service Strategy and includes:
- CIOs will digitally empower and enable data, AI, and security for improved agility, productivity, adaptability, and decision making.
- CIOs realize the needs for faster adaptive ways to counter and communitcate escalating cyber attacks in the midst of unrest, trade wars, more people working remoteley. Knowledge and communications being the center of protection and trust, and foundation for customer confidence.
- IT plays a central role in Major Incident Management Knowledge Centered Support, and Recovery. Knowledge has a predominant role in realizing the key of more than phones and ticket based support. Knowledge Management powers and prepares for Virtual Support and End User Support Enablement.
- IT Role in Automation, Service Augmentation, Chant, and Machine Learning comes from well defined standard process and Knowledge disciplines.
- Within 5 years, 80% of CIOs will be partnering across enterprise execs toe extend intelligent capabilities to sense, learn, and predict changing customer behaviors, for improving and enabling exclusive customer experiences for engagement and loyalty.
HOW DO WE GET STARTED?
Create a common call to action. The goal is to engage team members who will work autonomously and collaboratively to collect and evolve requirements, that develop compelling approaches to proposed solutions, and support the implemenentation plan.
WHAT BUSINESS UNITS BENEFIT FROM KCS?
- IT Data Center, Hardware, Software, Project Onboarding, Applications, Big Data, Remote Work
- HR New Hire, Managers Resources, Benefits
- Security Operations Cyber Fraud, Governance, Risk, Management, Control, Security Policy
- Sales Service and Support Operations
KCS End to End Program Management
Is responsible for design, implementation, workshop data population, and initial operation of a data/document knowledge management program (system and practices) for in-scope team(s). Once Implemented KCS Adoption best practices continues to respond to customer and business demands.
Knowledge Centered Design Requires:
1.) PLANNING: Discovery and workshops with the in scope teams to define lower-level requirements, and experience engaging team members from a myriad of disciplines to evolve a holitistic versus siloed solution.
2.) DESIGN: Knowledge centered management data capturing survey of existing sources of information and tools available within the emterprise. Will align program requirements and design, producing an implementation plan for putting a standard process, systems/practices and testing and implementing the service. Knowledge how to define the survey to convey engagement, progress and success in a way that helps drive execution, communicate status and articulate success measures..
3. ADOPTING: Produce plan to help drive team adoption and utilization for improved operational efficiency and organizational resilience. Involves good communication skills for working with teams and developing team leaders who oversee continuous coordination, data/document management, configuration management systems and practices.
4. LEVERAGING and MAXIMIZING SUCCESS: Build for continuous knowledge process improvement embedded in Change Management, Incident, Knowledge, and DevOps disciplines.
SOURCES FOR KNOWLEDGE CONTENT:
Knowledge consists of personal notes, email, content, training, or available reference information. Some applications or tools resources exist commonly in:
- Collaboration Tools (SharePoint, Slack, Microsoft Teams, Monday, SmartSheet, Quip)
- BugTrackers (Jira, Capterra, Asana, DevTrack, Backlog)
- Wiki/BlogTools ( Confluence, Blogger, Bit.ai, DocuWiki)
- Product Life Cycle Management Tools (Monday, Aha, Arena, DevSuite, JamaConnect, CMPro, Smartsheet, Wrike)
- Project Management and New Product Introduction (Microsoft Project, Monday, SmartSheet, Wrike)
Association of Artificial Intelligence (AI) |BPM Institute | Cyber Fraud Prevention | Education & Study Abroad| Employment Taskforce | Executive Womens Network | HDI: Modernizing Service Management | itSMFSFBay | Knowledge Centered Services | Project Management Institute |